Who else has logged into Facebook ready to boost some posts when they are greeted by the “ad account restrict” warning and a grey boost button? Many people have lost access to advertising as a result of META’s recent harsh enforcement of terms of service violations, but this is not the only issue.
Additionally, META has increased the use of AI to detect rules infractions. While this frequently works well, a lot of accounts that didn’t do anything illegal are flagged, leaving some business owners scratching their heads as to what they might have done to have their ad account limited.
How to Prevent Your Facebook Ad Account From Getting Restricted?
Users of Facebook Ads frequently have the problem of their Ad account getting banned. At the moment, this problem is affecting a lot of advertising. They believe that their accounts are being disabled “for no reason”. That’s not precisely how life works, though.
Even if you think you’ve mastered Facebook’s terms of service and are very certain that you adhere to all of their requirements, you may still be mistaken. There are numerous dangers to be aware of. It’s quite simple to overlook something.
Due to unexpected activity, ad accounts may be immediately disabled. If this is your first time advertising, stick to a small number of ad versions. By submitting a few simple ads for approval, you can warm up your ad account and demonstrate to Facebook that you are a “law-abiding citizen” who abides by their rules and TOS.
Steadily increase the amount of advertisements. If you drastically alter your advertising habits, it might appear unusual. Your advertisements may get blocked. Your Ad account’s reputation will suffer as a result of this.
It is Important to Know Facebook Ad Policies
It is important to know Facebook Ad policies. Review the Terms of Service and Facebook Advertising Policies list. Make sure your present behaviour complies with each point by reading it.
Make a customised checklist. Some of the rules may apply to your advertisements more than others. It is simpler to compare the rules to what you have when you can use your advertisement as a real-world example. If you read the policies, you might discover that some of the things you’re doing are not truly supported by Facebook.
Important things to note:-
Avoid attempting to sell anything that Facebook forbids. Be kind to everyone and avoid using derogatory language. Always be honest in your advertisements. Avoid using intrusive pop-up ads. When gathering personal data from someone, exercise caution and safety. In your advertisements, be courteous and friendly.
Handing over the management of your advertising account to marketing agencies or freelancers is a common practice. However, this decision can have negative consequences. It’s advisable not to grant access to individuals or teams whose ad accounts have had issues or were disabled. This is because the poor reputation of their accounts can affect your own ad account negatively.
Why Do Accounts Get Restricted?
Understanding Account Restrictions
To safeguard users and promote a positive experience, Facebook constantly monitors advertisers’ behaviour. Account restrictions may be imposed under various circumstances:
1. Policy Violations: Failure to comply with Community Standards, Meta Advertising Standards, Commerce Policies, or other terms and policies can lead to restrictions.
2. Security Concerns: Suspected compromise or hacking of an account can trigger restrictions.
3. Authentication Requirements: Not meeting two-factor authentication standards can lead to limitations on account access or spending.
4. New Advertiser Limits: New advertisers might face spending limits or restricted access to features until they consistently adhere to policies.
Violations of Terms and Services
- False news is not permitted on Facebook.
- Advertisements that “promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.” This can include things like products that claim to be sponsored by real celebrities but aren’t, subscription-based services that don’t meet the necessary requirements, or making excessive claims about a product.
- Ads that are cropped so you must click to view the entire image as well as anything surprising or sexually explicit. It’s vital to keep in mind that Facebook also examines the website where your advertisement appears to make sure the material is appropriate.
- Facebook has limitations on the promotion of the following commodities, even though some of them might not technically be prohibited per se: drugs or tobacco, supplements, firearms, and financial products.
- Nothing pornographic can be advertised on Facebook. Health-related services may be reported for body parts even when they are not sexually provocative due to Facebook’s approval process being partially automated.
When Facebook believes that there has been “suspicious activity” in your account, they normally impose this block.
This can include hacking attempts, running too much advertising for new accounts in a short period of time, or utilising a grey account (also known as employing a false Facebook profile to run ads). Facebook has a guided tool that may be used to assist you fix the problem if you think your account may have been compromised.
Negative Feedbacks & Reports
Facebook will contact people via push notifications to inquire directly about their interactions with your brand.
While one or two poor reviews may be overlooked, numerous negative reviews will result in the disabling of your adverts.
Over time, these disabled advertising may also force you into the realm of disabled ad accounts. In summary, you should never undervalue the influence of customer reviews. Make sure they always have a favourable experience with your brand.
How to Recover My Restricted Facebook Ad Account?
Troubleshooting a Restricted Account
To troubleshoot a restricted account, follow these steps:
1. Access Business Support Home: Visit Meta Business Support Home on your computer.
2. Check Account Status Overview: Click on “Account status overview” in the left menu.
3. Select the Restricted Account: Choose the restricted account you want to troubleshoot.
4. Review Recommendations: Look for the “What you can do” section. If available, follow the recommended steps for your account. The steps may involve:
- Confirming Your Identity
- Completing Verification
- Securing Your Account
- Requesting a Review
Steps to Recover Your Account
1. Confirm Your Identity:
1. Access Account Status Overview: Click on the restricted account.
2. Initiate Identity Confirmation: Locate the option to confirm your identity and follow the on-screen instructions. This may involve providing:
- Email address
- Mobile phone for SMS text
- Photo identification
- Payment method details
3. Completion of Confirmation: Once the process is done, your account will be reinstated if no further actions are necessary. Otherwise, follow the next steps provided.
2. Complete Verification:
1. Start Verification or Secure Account: Based on the type of verification required, initiate the process by clicking on the respective button.
2. Follow On-Screen Instructions: Provide necessary details such as email address, photo ID, or payment method information as requested.
3. Completion of Verification: After successful completion, your account will be reinstated.
3. Secure Your Account:
1. Enable Two-Factor Authentication: Click on “Secure your account” in the What you can do section.
2. Follow Instructions: Complete the steps to enable two-factor authentication.
3. Account Reinstatement: Once two-factor authentication is enabled, your account will be reinstated.
4. Request a Review:
1. Account Status Overview: Select the restricted account.
2. Initiate Review Request: Click on “Request review” in the What you can do section.
3. Complete the Process: Follow the on-screen steps to request a review. The review usually takes 48 hours, during which Facebook will reassess your account. If deemed appropriate, the restrictions will be lifted.
Recovering a restricted Facebook Ads account involves a step-by-step process outlined above. By following these instructions diligently, you can navigate through the recovery stages efficiently. Remember, adhering to Facebook’s policies is key to maintaining a healthy and successful advertising presence on the platform.
Dealing with a restricted Facebook ad account can be extremely stressful. However, it is critical to have a positive mindset. Ad restrictions can be avoided by adhering to Facebook’s standards, being open and truthful in your advertising activities, and ensuring your audience has a positive experience.
Don’t be disappointed if your ad account is restricted. There are actions you can do to get it back. Requesting a review and contacting Facebook’s Business Help Center can frequently result in a good resolution.
In the world of online advertising, it is critical to consider these constraints as opportunities for growth. Stay educated, adjust to changes, and treat your consumers with dignity and respect. By doing so, you will be able to overcome these obstacles and maintain an effective and compliant online presence. So, keep your spirits up and approach your future advertising activities with confidence and zeal.